- Apama’s real-time speed and scalability lands the best sell-side complex event processor (CEP) award from Waters Technology
- Real-time risk and compliance visibility and control is seen as the preventative medicine for financial market ills – post crisis
Darmstadt, Germany, 4/24/2014
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today announced that its Apama software has been recognized as the industry leading ultra-high performance complex event processing technology for the second year running by Waters Technology. With significantly enhanced speed and scalability, Apama was acknowledged as best sell-side CEP technology reflecting an industry-wide move to broaden the role of CEP to encompass high frequency surveillance and real-time risk management as well as trading.
Dr. John Bates, Software AG CTO for Intelligent Business Operations and Big Data stated: “It is extremely gratifying to see the major investments that have been made in Apama over the years continue since joining Software AG. The integration of Apama with Software AG’s in-memory data management and low-latency messaging software allows us to address a much wider range of capital markets issues and provide preventative solutions to many of today’s issues. We are continuously taking CEP to the next level.”
Apama is a flexible and powerful platform for algorithmic trading, FX eCommerce, risk and compliance monitoring and other high frequency, low latency applications. Apama recently released three ground-breaking advances in the area of compute intensive, big data centric, real-time applications.
- Seamless integration with Software AG’s leading in-memory data management platform Terracotta BigMemory. This adds low-latency data enrichment to Apama based event streams by holding big data in-memory as well as superior high availability through distributed caching.
- Incorporation of LLVM, a Low Level Virtual Machine compiler that dynamically compiles highly optimized native machine code. This ensures greater performance from modern architectures (such as Intel’s IvyBridge) than general purpose C/C++ or Java compilations and is especially beneficial for calculation intensive applications such as real-time pricing of complex instruments.
- Seamless integration with Software AG’s ultra-low-latency messaging platform – Terracotta Universal Messaging.
While Apama has always been at the forefront of high-performance event processing, adding LLVM, in-memory data management and ultra-low-latency messaging is a paradigm shift in the CEP vendor landscape. Apama now enables organizations to build more advanced applications, perform more complex operations on larger volumes of faster moving big data; while maintaining high and predictable performance at scale.
Furthermore, Apama continues to reduce time-to-market for CEP applications through an extensive library of components such as execution algorithms, pricing aggregators, auto-hedgers, 3rd party quant plugins, position and P&L services and market data handlers. With library, the Capital Markets Foundation, clients can build genuinely differentiated IP at reduced risk and timescales by not having to build from the ground up.
As the world’s leading CEP engine, Apama has over 150 deployments with 8 of the world’s top 10 world’s banks (as ranked by Return of Equity) being long-term users of Apama.
For more information visit Software AG’s Apama Analytics & Decision Platform.